Our military veterans have given so much to this country. To make it easier for these special families to qualify for and purchase a home, Veteran Affairs has a unique loan offer reserved only for retired and active military.
The VA loan offers mortgage options unavailable to the general public.
• No Down Payment with 100% financing options– While zero down loans disappeared in the real estate bubble of the last decade, VA loans allow our military to buy a house without the stress of trying to save the down payment.
• Easier to Qualify – Most loans require a credit score of 650 or higher. Qualifying for a VA loan only requires a FICO score of 620.
• No PMI – PMI (private mortgage insurance) is required for all other loans where the loan-to-value is above 80%. This is usually an added amount included in the monthly mortgage payment; however, VA loans do not require this.
• Limits on Fees – VA borrowers are protected by strict limits to fees and closing costs. Lenders financing a VA loan cannot charge more than 1% for loan costs whereas typical financing can run as high as 2.4–3%.
• Appraisal Assistance – At times homebuyers run into problems when the appraisal does come back high enough to purchase the home at the agreed-upon price. When this happens, the VA can help by diligently reviewing the report and comparable properties and then asking the lender to adjust the appraisal if it determines that the value is not accurate.
The VA loan is a special loan program offered only to our active and retired military. These families have sacrificed so much for their country, it's just one way that we can begin to thank them for their service!